The Wellness Corner provides easily accessible tools and resources related to trauma and stress management, resiliency, and self-care for members of the Mecklenburg County community.
Scroll down to view the latest addition to the Wellness Corner!
2023 Creating Resilient Communities (CRC) Annual Accelerator Program Now Open
[Content obtained from the North Carolina PACEs Connection Website]
PACEs Connection is excited to kick off our 2023 Creating Resilient Communities (CRC) Annual Accelerator Program. (Click here to review a brief description of each event. See below for event times).
The 16 hour CRC accelerator is focused on supporting and developing individual advocates and organizational agents of change in transforming their communities and organizations using PACEs trauma-informed awareness and resilience-building frameworks.
The CRC accelerator will cover fundamental topics such as understanding of PACEs science, community organizing, multi-sector collaboration, and strategic planning; as well as several special topics. See below for quick highlights.
Accelerator Program Highlights:
- The accelerator program consists of 16 hours of a mixture of both relevant interactive learning sessions and informative video modules.
- These events are FREE and OPEN to the public!
- Most events repeat on a monthly basis in case you are unable to attend one month.
- IMPORTANT PREREQUISITE!!! Every participant must FIRST attend the Introduction to PACEs Connection event, and then you may attend the remaining events at your own pace.
"Why it’s so hard to find affordable mental health care" podcast episode
1A, a podcast series produced by WAMU and distributed by NPR, released an episode earlier this year exploring access to mental healthcare in the US.
Hear from Cherene Caraco, Founder, Chief Global Strategist, and CEO of Promise Resource Network, and other experts who discuss the barriers to mental healthcare and potential ways to fix it.
Click here to listen!
Being Your Best Self: Promoting Self-Care and Wellness Workshop Series
This workshop series was originally created for Mecklenburg County employees and is now open to the community. In these virtual workshops, participants will walk away with:
- Knowledge about the impact of stress and trauma on the brain
- Strategies to prevent burnout and build wellness at home, in workplaces, and in the community
- Tools for stress management and self-care
Click the videos below to watch!